What would you do if doctors told you that you only have 3 months to live?
Every one of us has had to overcome challenges in our journey of life. And in that moment, those challenges can feel crushing and insurmountable. You may even be in the midst of overcoming one of those monumental challenges right now. That is why I wanted to record this episode with Matt Burnsworth, a man who has successfully overcome challenges so great, that most of us can't even comprehend them.
In this episode, Matt shares his experience of overcoming the most difficult situations life could throw at him. His battles with cancer have transformed his body, molded his mindset, and redefined his perspective. We discuss that when facing challenging situations, especially cancer, it is imperative to surround yourself with positive people and distance yourself from the negative. Matt also sheds light on how all of us can approach the peaks and valleys of life with an attitude that gives us the best shot at victory.
Be warned, listening to this profound episode may cause life-altering shifts in your attitude and perception.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from Matt:
- "You give me a chance, I'm going to take it"
- "I definitely have heart, because I saw it... I could literally see my heart."
- "You do good and good will come back to you"
- "Life is full of peaks and valleys"
- "All you could do is your best"
- "It's important to have a plan, but it's more important to have a goal and a reason"